Join Sage users and get paid faster with Chaser’s human-like receivables automation.
- You must have a Sage Business Cloud account and have admin access to your Sage Business Cloud account.
- You must have a Chaser account or be registered for a Free Trial with Chaser.
Table of contents
- Getting started
- Connecting Chaser to Sage Business Cloud Accounting
- Choose your Chaser account settings
- How does the Chaser's integration with Sage Business Cloud work?
- Syncing Chaser with Sage Business Cloud
- What information does Chaser pull from Sage Business Cloud?
- Using the integration
Getting started: Sign up to a free trial with Chaser
Before connecting to your Sage Business Cloud account, take out a free trial by filling out the following short form: https://www.chaserhq.com/signup
Connecting Chaser to your Sage account
After you have filled out the free trial form, you can connect Chaser to your Sage Business Cloud account. Follow these steps to connect in two minutes:
- After filling out the form, the initial integration page will appear where you choose your accounting software. Click 'Sage Business Cloud' and then click 'Connect with Sage Business Cloud'.
- The Sage Business Cloud page where you will need to log in to your Sage Business Cloud account will appear (you’ll skip this step if you are already logged in to Sage Business Cloud)
- Choose the organisation you would like to connect to Chaser
- Click 'Allow access' and Chaser will launch
- Chaser is now connected to Sage Business Cloud and you can now choose your Chaser account settings
Choose your Chaser account settings
After connecting Sage Business Cloud to Chaser, you can choose your Chaser account settings to tailor your accounts receivable process to best suit your business’ needs:
Complete the following settings to personalise your Chaser account:
- Confirm your business name that you would like displayed on your Chaser account
- Confirm your country
- Confirm your timezone
- Confirm your currency
- Confirm whether you would like to start chasing a few of your customers or all/most of your customers (this will decide whether customers are set to Chasing/Not Chasing, to begin with).
- Click 'Get Started'
How does the Chaser's integration with Sage Business Cloud work?
Chaser has a direct integration with Sage Business Cloud’s API. When Chaser connects with your Sage Business Cloud account, Chaser is provided with a unique API token which allows access to the Organisation and Accounting data in your Sage account.
Once Chaser has the API token from Sage Business Cloud, Chaser requests data to be pulled from your Sage account into your Chaser account. Sage’s API uses OAuth 2.0 to authenticate API tokens.
In order to have the most up to date data, we regularly pull Accounting data from your Sage Business Cloud account. These syncs fetch data that has been created or updated since the last sync.
Syncing Chaser with Sage
Chaser syncs with Sage once every day and before payment reminder emails are sent out. This ensures that all information is up to date before Chaser emails are sent out.
You can also sync Chaser with Sage at any time in the Chaser app by clicking the 'Sync now' button in the top right of your screen, should you require data to be synced immediately.
What information does Chaser pull from Sage Business Cloud?
Through the Sage API, Chaser retrieves your contacts from your Sage Business Cloud account. Chaser pulls through the emails addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses and invoices associated with a customer contact in Sage One.
Go to the Customer page in Chaser by navigating to Receivables and then clicking on a relevant customer. This is where you can see the contact information specific to your customer that has been pulled from Sage Business Cloud.
On the Receivables page, you can see the following information for a customer:
- Total overdue amount
- Total outstanding amount
- The schedule a customer is on
- Their status (whether or not they are set to Chasing)
Chaser pulls through all the email addresses under a contact in Sage One. This means that you can have multiple recipients in Chaser. You can have a ‘Normal’ sender and an ‘Escalated’ sender. You can also get directed straight to the customer in Sage Business Cloud by clicking the 3 dots on the right of the customer and clicking 'Edit in Sage Business Cloud'.
Chaser pulls your customer's invoices (and the invoice PDFs) directly from your Sage Business Cloud account. You can choose whether to attach these invoices to your invoice payment reminder emails.
Chaser takes the due date and the creation date for the invoices from Sage Business Cloud and uses these to calculate how many days overdue an invoice is. In Chaser, on the Receivables tab under 'Invoices', you can see the due date of an invoice, the outstanding amount and the expected payment date.
You can also go directly to the invoice in Sage Business Cloud from Chaser by going into the invoice page by clicking through an invoice in the Receivables tab and clicking the icon in the top right to 'View in Sage Business Cloud'.
Using the Integration
Once the integration is connected, you can start using Chaser to get paid sooner with human-like receivables automation. With Sage Business Cloud’s leading credit control partner, you can better personalise, schedule and track your receivables. To help you get started quickly, your Chaser account comes with 5 best practice payment reminder email templates and a best practice invoice chasing schedule.
You can use these pre-prepared templates and schedules, customise them, or you can choose to create your own templates and schedules to send automated reminders that look hand-typed to your customers, at the best times to encourage payments. Follow this 5-step quick start guide. Alternatively, you can use Chaser’s default settings that are outlined here.
Personalised invoice chasing
Using the information pulled from Sage Business Cloud, you can send personalised invoice reminders. Chaser allows you to personalize your email templates using placeholders that pull information straight from your Sage Business Cloud account (for example; first and last names, company name and job reference).
You can use Chaser’s schedules to categorize your customers and send them personalised and tailored payment reminders specific to them. You can reminders for invoices that are not due yet, invoices that are overdue and you can also automate emails thanking customers for payment.
It is also possible to use your exact email signature so that your automated invoice reminders look like they have been hand typed every time.
Chaser also generates customers statements for you so that you can automatically send monthly statements on a specific day of the month. You can upload your logo into Chaser and customise the statements to your preference.
Why am I not able to connect Sage Business Cloud to Chaser?
If you are having issues connecting Sage Business Cloud to Chaser, please ensure that you have a valid Sage Business Cloud login and have the Admin user role in Sage Business Cloud.
If you meet the above criteria and are still experiencing difficulties connecting Chaser to Sage Business Cloud, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or via live-chat.
Why aren’t changes I made in Sage Business Cloud pulling through to Chaser?
If changes that you have made in Sage Business Cloud aren’t updating in Chaser, please follow these steps:
- Click ‘Sync Now’ in the top right corner of your Chaser screen.
- Wait 10-15 minutes. When you sync Chaser with Sage Business Cloud, Chaser checks for all changes in Sage Business Cloud and this can take time.
- Double-check the changes in Sage Business Cloud were completed and have been saved.
- If the problem persists, please get in touch on email@example.com or via live-chat.
Why isn’t my expected payment date pushing through into Sage Business Cloud?
If using Sage Business Cloud as your accounting system, Chaser is not able to push the expected payment date into Sage Business Cloud.
If you make changes to the expected payment date, it will be saved within Chaser but NOT updated in Sage Business Cloud.
Why is contact information different in Chaser and Sage Business Cloud?
If some contact information in Sage Business Cloud is different from Chaser then please follow these steps:
- Check that there are no duplicate or archived contacts in Sage Business Cloud. These duplicate / archived contacts could have the incorrect information.
- Check that the correct fields in Sage Business Cloud have been filled. For example; check that both first name and last name fields have been filled in.
- Check that Sage Business Cloud has been synced with Chaser recently.
Why did Chaser disconnect from Sage Business Cloud?
When Chaser connects with your Sage Business Cloud account, Chaser is provided with a unique API token which allows access to the information in your Sage Business Cloud account. All API tokens have an expiration date and when they expire, Chaser no longer has access to your Sage Business Cloud account and Chaser will pause chasing activity on your Chaser account.
In these situations, Chaser will notify you that you need to reconnect your Chaser account. To do this, when you login to Chaser, click the ‘Reconnect to Sage Business Cloud’ button at the bottom right of your screen.
You will then need your admin user in Sage Business Cloud to login to Sage Business Cloud and allow access again, this will provide Chaser with a new API token and your chasing activity will resume.
For any more questions on Chaser's integration with Sage Business Cloud, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on live chat, we would be happy to help.