In this article, we will cover how you can connect your SFTP server to Chaser.
In order to connect your SFTP server to Chaser, please make sure that you have done the following:
- Set up a free trial of Chaser through this form: https://www.chaserhq.com/signup
- Set up an SFTP server
- Created an ‘Organisation’ file and upload that into the SFTP server by following this help article as per this data format
Once you have completed the above steps, you are ready to start connecting your SFTP server to Chaser.
To connect your SFTP to Chaser, please follow these steps:
- Enter your SFTP host URL or IP address into the ‘Host’ field.
- Enter port 22 into the ‘Port’ field.
- If you have placed your CSV files in a directory inside the SFTP server, then enter the directory name in the ‘Directory’ field. If not, then leave this field blank.
- Enter the username and password for the user that has access to the SFTP server.
- Click ‘Connect’
Once you have successfully connected Chaser to the SFTP server, your Chaser account will then be created and you can follow the steps to set up your account.
You can then follow these instructions to upload data into Chaser via your SFTP server:
Why can’t I connect to my SFTP server?
If you aren’t able to connect your SFTP server to Chaser, it should display an error message explaining why. If you still need help, please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help.
The most common reasons for not being able to connect are the following:
- Incorrect port number provided - please make sure you are entering port 22 rather than port 21 (FTP server).
- Incorrect username and/or password
- You haven’t uploaded any CSV files into the SFTP server
Need additional support?
For any more questions on Chase Import, please get in touch on email@example.com or message us on live chat, we would be happy to help.